CANYON IS A WORLD-LEADING MANUFACTURER OF ROAD, MOUNTAIN, TRIATHLON, URBAN AND FITNESS BIKES. OUR DIRECT APPROACH SETS US APART FROM OUR COMPETITORS. WE PRIORITISE DELIVERING THE VERY BEST IN QUALITY AND IN SERVICE AT ALL TIMES. CONSTANTLY EXPLORING NEW PATHS ENABLES US TO STAY AHEAD OF THE GAME AND DRIVES US FORWARDS. NOW MORE THAN EVER, WE ARE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR TALENTED INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE PREPARED HELP US SHAPE THE FUTURE OF RIDING.
Our beginning contact with our customers is primarily all handled digitally. Once a customer makes a buying decision and the product is delivered to their door, the packaging/unwrapping experience should be extremely positive and show the care and thought process which goes into commercializing each and every product by the CANYON product teams.
This position can totally effect the CANYON consumer’s impression of CANYON; from corporate image to attention to detail.
The Packaging Facilitator (PF) is responsible for all aspects of consumer friendly product packaging for both domestic and offshore packaging production; to be done in cost-effective manner, efficiently and on time, while maintaining CANYON quality standards. In combination with feedback from the product management teams, CANYON sales partners and the CANYON end consumers the PF will creatively lead and manage the research, planning, execution within cost guidelines, inventory management and supply process for all CANYON packaging.
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Honor the dates established in the CANYON Corporate Gear Product Development Calendar
- As part of the corporate planning process, assist senior Gear management in creating a strategic packaging, implementation, plus operating plan for growing the consumer packaging experience for all CANYON Gear categories
- In conjunction with senior Gear management, executive management team and according to company budgets in both working capital and revenue plan; develop and commercialize all needed packaging deliverables within CANYON
- After having developed the final packaging which meets all CANYON product and cost targets, assist purchasing in making sure that all vendors have exactly the right information so that they can develop and implement the packaging on their ends
- Assist, either CANYON purchasing or select outside vendors, in placing the packaging orders and delivering all purchase orders for finished goods in conjunction with the forecast and demand for each one of the company’s distribution centers
- Work with the Gear product management and development teams to map out the vendors for seasonal development, but also plan for in-season chase opportunities
- Working with the Gear product managers, and assisted by senior Gear management, establish a seasonal forecasting process to then create a seasonal production plan for all packaging products
- Establish the systems and staff accordingly to place production orders and follow through until the product reaches the appropriate CANYON vendors and/or distribution centers. This includes but is not limited to factory work in process reports, facilitating on time shipping processes and tracking for both offshore and domestic finished goods
- Negotiate capacity and final competitive pricing, meeting or exceeding target margins with offshore vendors and domestic contractors establish the “right” mix of off shore and domestic to meet gross margin targets globally
- Supervise and work with the factories in regard to packaging materials purchasing to provide timely delivery of the same, according to the demand mix of forecasting and actual demand
- Take also into consideration what is needed at point of purchase so that we both eliminate unwanted packaging, but yet are able to allow the customer to make informed buying decision with proper sizing and product information
- The PF should always seek the best balance of environmentally friendly, customer friendly and cost effective packaging
- Lead in the Total Quality Management (TQM) process
- Plan and develop systems, staffing and procedures to improve operation quality and efficiency of the department.
- Create a quality management system to insure quality delivery of product
- Maintain open communication with other departments and managers
- Help source new vendors when needed
- Build and maintain positive relationships with offshore vendors and domestic contractors
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT SETS YOU APART
- 2-5 years packaging experience in the Gear/consumer production industry; preferably in technical performance cycling parts and accessories
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to work with all levels of workforce and different ethnic backgrounds
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient in English
- Demonstrated initiative, follow-through and problem-solving ability
- Highly efficient using AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience using ArtiosCAD, SolidWorks, and Inventor
- Knowledge and experience using Lansmont packaging test equipment
- Understanding of ISTA and DOT standards
- Experience using SAP material master database
- Working knowledge using TOPS Pro and CAPE Pack, pallet optimization software
- Experience using G-force test accelerometers
- Ability to lead and motivate diverse group of people so that they support the CANYON Packaging plan
WHAT SETS US APART
Our commitment to riding is contagious – that’s what you notice when you start working at Canyon. It’s essential that our employees feel fully engaged with their work so that together we can achieve the high standards we set for ourselves, our products and our service. A variety of hands-on tasks, true innovation and a dynamic workplace are all a part of our everyday.
Each individual has a key role to play in Canyon’s success. Whether you’re a student, graduate, or have previous leadership experience, we have the right position for you. After all, the jobs we offer have to be as versatile and exciting as the bikes we develop.
Our flat hierarchies enable you to quickly take responsibility and shape where you want your career to go. As an employer, we successfully combine our local roots with an increasingly international approach. Sustainability and integrity core to our values alongside passion, responsibility and excellence.
In the end, it all comes down to this: Pure Cycling.
Do you love riding and being part of a close team? Then you're the right candidate for us.
We look forward to reading your application including salary expectation and earliest possible start date.
Your contact person is: