CANYON IS A WORLD-LEADING MANUFACTURER OF ROAD, MOUNTAIN, TRIATHLON, URBAN AND FITNESS BIKES. OUR DIRECT APPROACH SETS US APART FROM OUR COMPETITORS. WE PRIORITISE DELIVERING THE VERY BEST IN QUALITY AND IN SERVICE AT ALL TIMES. CONSTANTLY EXPLORING NEW PATHS ENABLES US TO STAY AHEAD OF THE GAME AND DRIVES US FORWARDS. NOW MORE THAN EVER, WE ARE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR TALENTED INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE PREPARED HELP US SHAPE THE FUTURE OF RIDING.
At Canyon, we are looking for a Data Analyst who’s motivated by simultaneously making an impact to the customer experience and bottom line. As a direct-to-consumer e-commerce business, we have a lot of data but we need useful and actionable insights shared through compelling stories.
From optimizing our site to guiding on-the-ground activity you will challenge our preconceptions of our customer and business through data storytelling. You will use the information to build amazing visualizations, and develop effective solutions for teams around the world.
You will have both a strategic and creative mind being able to identify patterns in the data and propose effective solutions to often complex challenges.
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Strong business and technical acumen, as well as great problem solving, communication, and mentoring and management skills
- Passion for data analytics, and the ability to own and conduct complete business analyses from Google Analytics to SAP business objects level
- Able to perform end-to-end research, assessment, recommendation and implementation of requirements for success
- Provide a holistic, objective and analytical viewpoint of the market and commercial opportunities
- Monitor the ongoing situation, analyze and understand market dynamics, customer needs and competitive activities
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets to develop a thorough understanding of Canyon’s products, users, and acquisition channels
- Run detailed analysis of our product categories on a regular basis across all markets to uncover new areas of opportunity, generate hypotheses, and develop a business case for the opportunity and then run the test
- Execute projects to drive insights that lead to customer and category growth
- Work closely with marketing, design, product, support, and engineering to anticipate analytics needs and to quantify the impact of existing features, future product changes, and marketing campaigns
- Work with Business Intelligence to develop and implement new analytical tools and improve our underlying data infrastructure
- Monitor, optimize, and report on Digital product, performance marketing, and growth metrics and make recommendations based on analytics and test findings. Through your analysis, you will also help us forecast, and build custom reports to make key performance indicators and insights available to the entire company
- Develop frameworks, models, tools, and processes to ensure that analytical insights can be incorporated into all key decision making
- Drive optimization and data minded culture inside Canyon
WHAT SETS YOU APART
- Minimum 1-2 years of proven work experience in a data analyst role
- Experience working in a direct-to-consumer e-commerce business
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving ability; the ability to answer unstructured business questions and work independently to drive projects to conclusion
- Strong analytical skills with the capacity to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience extracting insights using advanced SQL to work efficiently at scale. Advanced expertise with commonly used analytics tools including Google Analytics and Excel
- Strong knowledge of statistics, this includes experimental design for optimization, statistical significance, confidence intervals and predictive analytics techniques
- Must be self-directed, organized and detail oriented as well as have the ability to multitask and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Active team player, excellent communication skills, positive attitude and good work ethic
- You come up with creative solutions to challenging problems
WHAT SETS US APART
Our commitment to riding is contagious – that’s what you notice when you start working at Canyon. It’s essential that our employees feel fully engaged with their work so that together we can achieve the high standards we set for ourselves, our products and our service. A variety of hands-on tasks, true innovation and a dynamic workplace are all a part of our everyday.
Each individual has a key role to play in Canyon’s success. Whether you’re a student, graduate, or have previous leadership experience, we have the right position for you. After all, the jobs we offer have to be as versatile and exciting as the bikes we develop.
Our flat hierarchies enable you to quickly take responsibility and shape where you want your career to go. As an employer, we successfully combine our local roots with an increasingly international approach. Sustainability and integrity core to our values alongside passion, responsibility and excellence.
In the end, it all comes down to this: Pure Cycling.
Do you love riding and being part of a close team? Then you're the right candidate for us.
We look forward to reading your application including salary expectation and earliest possible start date.
Your contact person is: