CANYON IS A WORLD-LEADING MANUFACTURER OF ROAD, MOUNTAIN, TRIATHLON, URBAN AND FITNESS BIKES. OUR DIRECT APPROACH SETS US APART FROM OUR COMPETITORS. WE PRIORITISE DELIVERING THE VERY BEST IN QUALITY AND IN SERVICE AT ALL TIMES. CONSTANTLY EXPLORING NEW PATHS ENABLES US TO STAY AHEAD OF THE GAME AND DRIVES US FORWARDS. NOW MORE THAN EVER, WE ARE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR TALENTED INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE PREPARED HELP US SHAPE THE FUTURE OF RIDING.
As the Category Merchandiser for the Gear, you will be responsible for the Gear Bike world on Canyon.com and across all digital channels. You will be a critical member of our digital strategy team leading the growth and development of all customer interactions Canyon Gear online.
You will be tasked with the end-to-end design, execution, management, reporting, and optimization of all touch-points in our Gear world with the goal being to drive our growth in this category.
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Be responsible for the growth of Canyon’s Gear Bike category through effective merchandising of our products online
- Develop a strategy & plan for the Gear digital experience that drives the growth of category across all digital channels
- Optimise the placement of Gear across the world, ride style, family and product levels in line with business goals
- Work with the data analytics team to define the strategic allocation of gear to products linked with strategy, cross-selling data, recommendations and collections
- Create new landing pages based on customer search terms or new collections
- Work with Marketing and Brand on product launch management and integration into all areas of the site
- Work with CRM to define customer groups and design in-cart and post-purchase engagement strategies that drive cross and up-sell revenue
- Create product pages inc. page structure & layout, colour variations, product photography, specifications, component descriptions, design videos, product UPS’s, and features
- Conduct seasonal updates (spring, summer, autumn, winter) which are globally relevant to ensure we are reflecting the users location and buying consideration
WHAT SETS YOU APART
- Excellent analytical skills in order to assess the performance of the category and make informed decisions
- Interest in business and cycling is backed by at least 3-5 years of relevant experience in merchandise planning, preferably at a multi-national level
- Have worked in a dynamic and fast-paced environment specifically with the processes of eCommerce
- Have a university degree in business or a comparable qualification, with at least a bachelors degree
- Think and act fast, work proactively to grow your online world and always able to keep on top of things even in a very dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Embrace change and proactively look for solutions in challenging situations
- Organize your workload efficiently based on the revenue contribution to the business but also growing trends
- Ensure deliverables are ready on time, are accurate and you prioritize your tasks accordingly
- Expert in Excel
- Excellent English skills, you communicate clearly with different stakeholders and possess confident negotiation skills
WHAT SETS US APART
Our commitment to riding is contagious – that’s what you notice when you start working at Canyon. It’s essential that our employees feel fully engaged with their work so that together we can achieve the high standards we set for ourselves, our products and our service. A variety of hands-on tasks, true innovation and a dynamic workplace are all a part of our everyday.
Each individual has a key role to play in Canyon’s success. Whether you’re a student, graduate, or have previous leadership experience, we have the right position for you. After all, the jobs we offer have to be as versatile and exciting as the bikes we develop.
Our flat hierarchies enable you to quickly take responsibility and shape where you want your career to go. As an employer, we successfully combine our local roots with an increasingly international approach. Sustainability and integrity core to our values alongside passion, responsibility and excellence.
In the end, it all comes down to this: Pure Cycling.
Do you love riding and being part of a close team? Then you're the right candidate for us.
We look forward to reading your application including salary expectation and earliest possible start date.
Your contact person is: