CANYON IS A WORLD-LEADING MANUFACTURER OF ROAD, MOUNTAIN, TRIATHLON, URBAN AND FITNESS BIKES. OUR DIRECT APPROACH SETS US APART FROM OUR COMPETITORS. WE PRIORITISE DELIVERING THE VERY BEST IN QUALITY AND IN SERVICE AT ALL TIMES. CONSTANTLY EXPLORING NEW PATHS ENABLES US TO STAY AHEAD OF THE GAME AND DRIVES US FORWARDS. NOW MORE THAN EVER, WE ARE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR TALENTED INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE PREPARED HELP US SHAPE THE FUTURE OF RIDING.
WOFÜR WIR DEINE UNTERSTÜTZUNG BRAUCHEN
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY
The Canyon Experience Design team is on the hunt for a talented product designer with exceptional UI skills to help us deliver an ambitious roadmap of digital products and services. Working as part of a growing, friendly team, you’ll be responsible for helping people across the globe find the perfect bike and fall in love with cycling.
Canyon XD is a global UX, UI and content design team delivering new products and services for our customers. We’re research-lead, open and collaborative. As a seasonal business, we do have busy periods, but we pride ourselves on a healthy work life balance. As a global team, it’s important we work with and design for diverse cultures and perspectives.
As a UI Designer you’ll be responsible for creating elegant solutions to enhance the customer experience and solve complex problems.
- Translate customer insight into interactive prototypes to support usability testing
- Communicate interaction solutions into sketches, wireframes and mockups
- Maintain brand consistency by translating UI designs into reusable components
- Participate in design discussions and give feedback during planning and strategy meetings
- Contribute and maintain a developing design system
- Management of UI documentation for robust developer handover
WHAT SETS YOU APART
- We’re looking for someone who is highly creative, collaborative, conscientious and detail oriented
- You think in patterns and care deeply about intuitive, accessible design
- You’re well versed in the latest trends and the most effective patterns and know when best to use both
- 3+ years UI experience with a portfolio of tested interaction design
- Experience working directly with developers to verify, handover and test UI for all screens
- Expert working knowledge of Figma (our primary design tool)
- Good working knowledge of CSS and HTML
- Strong knowledge of current digital design best practices and web production techniques
- A solid understanding of visual design and accessibility principles
- E-commerce experience would be fantastic
- Experience working closely with multi disciplinary teams, including photographers, copywriters and front end developers
- Experience working with a growing design system
WHAT SETS US APART
Our commitment to riding is contagious – that’s what you notice when you start working at Canyon. It’s essential that our employees feel fully engaged with their work so that together we can achieve the high standards we set for ourselves, our products and our service. A variety of hands-on tasks, true innovation and a dynamic workplace are all a part of our everyday.
Each individual has a key role to play in Canyon’s success. Whether you’re a student, graduate, or have previous leadership experience, we have the right position for you. After all, the jobs we offer have to be as versatile and exciting as the bikes we develop.
Our flat hierarchies enable you to quickly take responsibility and shape where you want your career to go. As an employer, we successfully combine our local roots with an increasingly international approach. Sustainability and integrity core to our values alongside passion, responsibility and excellence.
In the end, it all comes down to this: Pure Cycling.
Do you love riding and being part of a close team? Then you're the right candidate for us.
We look forward to reading your application including salary expectation and earliest possible start date.
Please send a short portfolio of your most impactful digital work, applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered. If possible, please also provide an explanation of the project goals, the team you worked with and any notable outcomes.
Your contact person is: